HydraFLKR Makes Range Feeding Simple!
The introduction of large square hay packages in the '80's provided producers the ability to mechanically harvest, handle, stack and transport bales more efficiently. For over 2 decades, many of our customers have utilized their Hydra Bed systems to load and transport these large square bales. In most ranch situations, range feeding of these "big squares" has been a 2-person task, typically requiring a driver and someone on the truck bed to separate and drop individual flakes off to the cattle.
Triple C, Inc. developed the Hydra FLKR™ (Patent #6,817,820) to safely and efficiently accomplish this task with a single operator, greatly reducing costs and risk of injury. After bales are loaded, utilizing the proven power and dependability of the Hydra Bed®, the Hydra FLKR™ separates flakes from each bale, then drops them onto the ground or feed aprons as well as into bunks, hay rings or tire feeders. The operator controls the rate at which each bale is processed.
To minimize leaf loss, flake separation is accomplished utilizing an innovative retracting finger mechanism. The hydraulic bale ramping function helps control premature flake drop. The bale advance design provides incremental feeding rates at the operator’s discretion. The machine is powered by the Hydra Bed® hydraulic system and is controlled from the driver’s seat. The Hydra FLKR™ is easily and quickly installed on most Hydra Bed® models and can be removed in minutes when the feeding season is completed.
Driver's Seat Control
- Hand-held pendant controls flake, push and ramp functions
- Bale loading utilizes standard Hydra Bed® controls
- Simple, secure 4-point installation system
- Fast mounting and removal
- Quick-disconnects for hydraulic and electrical circuits
- Driver’s side discharge
- Feed grass, legume, cane or grain crop bales
- Gentle action minimizes leaf-loss
- Feed in bunks, along feed aprons, in tires or on the ground
- Hydraulic platform ramping controls flake drop rate
- Separates flakes with innovative lifting action
- Dispenses individual flakes or groups of flakes (dependent on bale conditions)
- Hydraulic pusher allows operator to determine feeding rate
- Powered by Hydra Bed® hydraulic system
- Capable of use with other power sources (contact factory)
(See "Hydraulic Requirements" below)
- Self-loading when installed on Hydra Bed® equipped trucks
- Handles square bale sizes 3x3, 3x4, 4x4
- Bale weights up to 2,500 lbs.
The Hydra Bed® arms are equipped with bale engagement attachments to securely grip and load bales onto the Hydra FLKR™. A second bale may be carried in the arms during transport and feeding. The unit may also be loaded by a tractor loader or other suitable equipment.
Note: Hydra Bed® bale engagement attachments require approximately 10” of clearance between bale tier ends for successful retrieval from stacks.